Dangerous Serial Rapist/Murderer Still Not Caught

rebeccaparkIt was a horrible discovery, the body of a 30-year-old woman who had been raped, beaten and strangled in the River Park section of Fairmount Park on July 17, 2003. The 5-foot-1, 100-pound body victim was named Rebecca Park and she was a fourth-year medical student at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. She had only lived a few blocks away in an apartment on Lankenau Avenue. DNA tests confirmed that her attacker had sexually assaulted two other women in the area. His attacks spanned between 2003 through 2007.
April 30, 2003, a woman in her early 20’s was raped at knife-point while she jogged on Kelly Drive and Fountain Green Drive.

August 11, 2007, another female victim was raped near Frankford and Solly Avenues.

There may have been another attack in 2003 where a woman fortunately got away but her attacker matched the description of the Fairmount Park Rapist.

fairmountparkrapistThe suspect may be a Hispanic male with a Latino accent. He is about 5-feet-8-inches tall, muscular build, dark complexion, black hair, thin mustache and bushy eyebrows. In two of the attacks, he wore an earring on his left ear and fled away on a purple metallic 10-speed bike.

If you have information about this case and who this rapist/murderer may be, please contact Philadelphia Law Enforcement at 215-685-3251 or 215-686-3335. There is a reward for information that leads to an arrest in these crimes.

Pregnant Woman Dies from Infection. Who was She?

abortionvictimOn March 18, 1967 an unidentified white female was found in the town of Bear, Delaware. She had been placed in a white cloth Laundry bag that had the following on it; Bag O – Storage. American Laundry. Dry Cleaning. EX4 5277. The location of where she was found was at CR 400, Porter Road, which is 3 tenths of a mile east of Route 896. Victim had brown eyes, dark brown hair, was 5’5, and weighed 115 pounds. Her teeth were well maintained and she had a vaccination scar on front of the left thigh. It is believed she had died hours earlier from an infection. It is possible but not verified that she may have attempted an illegal abortion by using chemicals to kill the fetus. She was three months pregnant at the time and was anywhere between the ages of sixteen and twenty five years old.
For more information about this case visit the Doe Network at http://doenetwork.org/cases/743ufde.html .

If you know who this woman may be, please contact the Delaware State Medical Examiners Office at 302-577-3420. You can remain anonymous.

Death of Senator’s Aide Still Unsolved Decades Later

raymondnelsonClaiborne Pell was a legend in Rhode Island politics. The former Senator grew up a child of privilege who didn’t like to flaunt his enormous wealth. When he was elected to his first term as a US Senator, he was viewed as a political outsider. Through the help Raymond Nels Nelson, who was a (former bureau chief of the Providence Journal and Evening Bulletin Newspaper) Pell won in an upset. Nelson, was a skilled strategist and campaigner who ended up being the administrative assistant for Pell when he was in Washington DC. He eventually joined the staff of the Senate Committee on Rules and Administration. In 1976, the married father of three made a controversial decision and came out as a gay man. It damaged him politically but he refused to hide his sexuality anymore.
Things did take a dark turn for the Washington Insider when on June 1, 1981, the 59-year-old was found murdered at his apartment at 701 Quincy Street, NE in Washington DC. The former professional typist turned political staffer had been bludgeoned to death  with one of his own typewriters in his residence. For years there have been rumors about why he was murdered. Rumors on the internet speculate that political pressure may play a part as to why the case remains unsolved.

The unsolved murder is still under investigation by the Metropolitan Police Department. If you have information about this case please call the police at 202 727-9099 or contact them via email at unsolved.murder@dc.gov. Nelson left behind three children and friends and family that are still looking for answers. For additional information about this case please visit http://www.defrostingcoldcases.com/guest-post-in-loving-memory-raymond-nelson/

$100,000 Reward In Postal Carrier’s Killing

barnetteDelivering mail can be a dangerous job. Most of the trouble usually comes from dangerous driving conditions due to bad weather or from aggressive dogs. But sometimes violent people can be the biggest threat. 26-year-old Tyson Jerome Barnette was a mail carrier in the city of Landover, Maryland which is not far from the nations capital. Around 7:20 pm on November 23, 2013, he was found dead from gunshots in the 6000 block of Reed Street. Barnette was employed at the Post Service for 6 years and was described as a hard worker and nice person.

There had been concern in prior months that postal carriers would get injured or worse because of delivering mail in dangerous neighborhoods at night. Barnette left behind a child. Because the crime was against a federal employee the person responsible for the murder could be eligible for the Death Penalty.

A $100,000 reward is being offered by the US Postal Inspection Service for information that leads to an arrest and conviction in the shooting death of Barnette.

Man Runs for his Life only to be Gunned Down

travongreenIt was July 11th, 2014 at 1:00am when 20 year old Travon Green was shot to death as he tried to get away from his kiler(s) in the city of Erie, Pennsylvania. He had been shot in the chest but it was a gunshot to the back that proved fatal. He was found still alive at the 700 block of east 10th street in the East Side of the city.  Police believed he ran for several blocks before he died. If you know anything about this case, please call the Erie Police Detectives at 814-870-1163 extension 1205.

Nearly Fifty Years Later Family Wants Answers

It was September 8th, 1970 when 52 year old John Leonard Sr. was found dead inside his cab near the entrance at the now closed Buck Hills Inn in the Pocanos area of Pennsylvania. He had been shot four times in the head. Leonard had been summoned there to pick up someone that was looking for a ride. A suspect has never been identified but a person of interest who was seen near the cab had the following description: early 20’s, he wore horn-rimmed glasses, had on a blue-green windbreaker with dark pants and carrying a Globe Store bag.

The divorced father of two would lose his ex-wife in a car accident years later and his children would be orphans while they were still in their teenaged years. His surviving children still want to know who killed their father and why. Someone may know something. If you have any information about this murder please call the Pennsylvania State Police at 570-839-1020 at extension 222.

Woman Moves to Safer Town Only To Be Gunned Down

paulagrossiPaula F. Grossi had moved to her Rehoboth Beach home from the town of Wilmington partly because it had a lower crime rate. On January 26th 2007, two violent intruders forced their way into her home at the 36000 block of Winner Circle, in the Stable Farm development of Rehoboth Beach. Grossi was shot to death by the intruders and two other people inside the house were tied up as the grossisuspecthouse was ransacked and robbed. Both suspects were described as white males. The first one (sketch) was around 40 years old, 5-foot-6, 200 pounds and had tear drops tattooed under his eyes. The second suspect was described as being 20 to 25 years old, 5-foot-7, 160 to 170 pounds.

At one time the family of the victim offered a one hundred thousand dollar reward, which is no longer in effect.

If you have any information about this homicide please call the Delaware State Police Homicide Unit at 302-739-5939 or call Crime Stoppers at 302-644-5020.

Horrendous Murder Half a Century Ago Never Solved

July 12, 1972 was the last time Dellapenna family saw their 17 year old daughter alive. Dolores Dellapenna was abduced just feet from her home in the Tacony section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. A few weeks later various parts of her body were found. Her torso and arms were discovered nearly 20 miles from her legs in rural areas of New Jersey. Her finger tips were cut off in attempt to prevent her proper identification. A witness reported seeing a man and woman struggle near the scene of her abduction. Police believe she may have been taken after she got off a Route 56 trolley. Police believe that there are people that know what happened yet never cooperated with police. There are theories that drug dealers may have been involved but that she was not involved in any illegal activity. Instead the former honors student from the Saint Hubert’s High School for Girls may have had information about certain criminals.

If you have any information about this case please contact the Philadelphia Police Department at 215.686.TIPS (8477) or text PPDTIP (773847). Decades ago, there were several rewards offered by different organizations and still may be valid.

Murder of Two Women Share Sinister Similarities

roxannemyersIt was on January 16th, 1998 when a security guard found the deceased body of Roxanne Myers on the Lancaster General Health campus in East Hempfield, Township in Pennsylvania.  Her remains were located at a former dead end road of Spring Valley Road that has now been transformed into a thoroughfare to Route 741.  The thirty year old had struggled with addiction and worked the streets as a prostitute.  She had been seen hours earlier on a nearby city street in Lancaster before she was beaten on the head and strangled to death.

A few years earlier on April 11, 1995 Juanita Chevalier’s body was found near an abandoned city rail line, that was about a 100 yards from Hazel and South Prince Streets.  She like Myers was a prostitute and was also strangled.  Though there is no DNA connecting the two victims, some in Law Enforcement believe that the two women may have been slain by the same killer.  Most likely a client or john.

If you have any information about these cases please call  898-3103, ext. 240 for the Myers case or 735-3301 for the Chevalier case). The area codes for this county is 717 and 223.  If you have a Tip you also may call Lancaster City/County Crime Stoppers phone number at 1-800-322-1913.



A Phone Call Ignored and A Woman Is Savagely Murdered



February 12th 2004, was the day that  Joy Harward was found murdered in a hotel room in Chester,  The 28 year old who lived in Annapolis, Maryland had been visiting her boyfriend who worked in the area of Chester.  They had an argument and she rented a room at a Day’s Inn on Edgemont Avenue in Chester at 1:38 a.m.  She had left the hotel room for about an hour and a and returned around 3 a.m.  She was last seen alive getting into the hotel elevator with an adult  black male.  It is not known if she had met or knew the individual in question.   Police believe that after Hayward went to her room, she realized she was in trouble and called the front desk of the hotel, who did not summon police or even check on her.  Hours later, a hotel worker would discover the dead body of Hayward.  She was raped, beaten and strangled to death.

If you have any information about this case, please call Law Enforcement at 610-891-4703.  There is a reward for information that leads to an arrest and conviction in her murder.

Additional information about this case can be found here at a blog by one of her sisters.



Disappearance and Subsequent Death Still Puzzles Family and Friends


niehausBy all account Daniel Niehaus, was a reliable and good worker at the Trib Total Media printing and distribution center in West Deer, Pennsylavania.  He would take three sixk days before the Memorial Day weekend in 2013.  , He returned to work for one day after the Holiday but called out sick again. It was the last anyone saw of the Penn Hills resident.

A year after his disappearance, a West View Water Authority employee found human remains on an Ohio River bank in the town of Avalon.  It would be another year before DNA testing would reveal the bones as that of the quiet fifty nine year old Niehaus.   It has never been determined what happened to him or how he died.

His former employer, Trib Total Media offers a $10,000 reward for information about his death (if the case is a result of foul play)





This site is NOT a registered non-profit organization and any donations will NOT be tax-deductible. If you wish to donate a small amount of money to help with site research, it is much appreciated.